Monday, October 6, 2008

Spain - Day Three - Sunday (game day)

Sunday.  Ah, we got our A/C unit working and closed the windows last night and pulled the steel blinds down.  It was really dark, pretty cool and we were beat.  We slept until 9ish and when we got up we hand-washed some diapers.  by the time we left the hostal room it was after noon.  We got some lunch and then bought a stroller. I think we both immediately regretted it.  Suddenly there were stairs that I hadn't noticed before.  I actually got squeezed in so much on a sidewalk by parked cars that I had to backup and lift the stroller into the street.  Good times...  Kaitlin is having a really bad case of the mommies.  She cries constantly when she's with me.  Shanna can't even go to the bathroom without Kaitlin crying. 

We walked around and saw more monuments and plazas.  We looked for places to eat, but we always seem to wait too long.  Eventually we caught the metro back to the hostal room and Shanna and Kaitlin took a nap while I went in search of pizza.  I wandered all around the neighborhood, but couldn't find a pizzaria. I did find a really cool middle eastern restaurant with a little jazz band playing outside.  There were tables in the plaza and it was a great family atmosphere.  I eventually settled for a serrano ham pizza from the pizza hut and headed back to the room.  We ate and then got ready for the game.

more later...

No comments: